This morning I joined with the Friends (or Quakers) at the Abbey Centre.
I
normally go to Trinity. Today the Revd Diana was taking the service and
I like her enormously. Revd Richard is very ill and so we have other
people filling in. Revd. Diana was there today speaking on 'handing on
the mantle'.
I could have gone to the civic service at
St Helens - it is the first one since I ceased to be a town councillor.
Returning from the dog walk I did see them parading down East St Helen
Street but walked on. The mantle has passed on to others after all.
As
I was setting off to the Friends the Salvation Army were just about to
start, and I said hello to the Officer at the door, thought for moment I
should try them, but walked on.
I went to the
Friends and sat quietly. "Walk humbly with your God." At times I
am far from humble. "Time to seek God in the stillness." My mind is so
often so busy and distracted. Time to be told by someone who stood up to
speak that love is seen best in bad circumstances. "The greater the
darkness, the greater the light of love" she said.