Tuesday, 17 August 2021

From the Peachcroft Christian Centre

I got into church early and was the first to be seated. T and R were chatting on the sound desk. T ran through the slides and I heard a short preview of each hymn. People arrived in ones and twos. Then I heard a few voices at once, like the echoes in an underground station. 

 At the start of the service, T welcomed us all from the lectern, . She especially welcomed, Andrew, the preacher, from the Peachcroft Christian Centre, and remarked we don't get many people from there.
One of the hymns, 'Give Thanks to the Lord', was a video performed by people from Peachcroft Christian Centre. 

The sermon had the title 'Our Identity in Jesus'. The main point being how closely we identify with Jesus. Andrew said the Christian life is like marriage where we give up part of our identity. He suggested spending more time in prayer as a start, and mentioned Prayer Force as a way into praying.